List of items relative to methods[edit source]
- Lists of contents -The whole wiki content may be found by looking at lists such as all articles (in Wikipedia there are more than 5 millions articles!) and all meta-project pages, or more generally all special pages. Other lists can be set up at will (see for instance Wikipedia List of lists of lists). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lists_of_lists.
- Search box - Available on every page, it provides the quickest way to find information.
- Categories - “Categories, a software feature of MediaWiki, provide automatic indexes that are useful as tables of contents. You can categorize pages and files by adding one or more Category tags to the content text. These tags create links at the bottom of the page that take you to the list of all pages in that category, which makes it easy to browse related articles.” https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Categories For a list of suggested categories, see Special:WantedCategories.
- Annotation with Hypothesis.is - signaler le bon et le moins bon avec hypothes.is ! Highlight, comments…see how to use hypothes.is (global group, special groups? their integrated relationships?) - tester pour voir si ça fonctionne - s'en servir pour ordonner les docs à voir en premier, à amener sur le devant en théorie algonomique ou en action algosphérique.
- Use badges (see http://openbadges.org/) to acknowledge every registered user’s level of expertise and thus officially initiate the development of Algopedia as a disciplinary specialization in the field of algonomy. Hypothes.is badge (or pre-badge if openbadges is not appropriate), wikitext badge, badge for new registered (autoconfirmed?) user, admin, steward, patrol-sysop, bureaucrat, developer, sysop...
- Coherence management: how to deal with controversial topics, for instance Demography and Overpopulation? Present pros and cons, use tools like http://en.arguman.org/, http://www.austhink.com/critical/pages/argument_mapping.html, http://debategraph.org, http://canonizer.com/, http://rbutr.com/, https://hypothes.is/, etc. Also, find incongruities... (par exemple Singer et son appui à la circoncision, ou bien les charitables religieux et leur croyance à l’enfer. Comment la coordination interne du système Algopedia va-t-elle révéler cela ? Ou bien comment va-t-elle amener par exemple la démonstration que la violence éducative, loin de prévenir la production de souffrance par le ‘dressage’, est une principale cause de souffrance ?) See how Encyclopedia of World Problem (and Diderot's Encyclopédie !) uses interrelationships for that…
- Objective management of document - Articles, in principle, should contain only cited material, without any added 'original' content. Thus, it is thought, documents management is more objective, and controversial comments or treatment are avoided (especially perhaps in articles about living persons, organizations or hot topics). Comments and other forms of treatment should be made through methods such as annotation, categories, coherence management, relationship linking, discussion on each article 'Talk' page, etc."
- Use the Ariadne character as an onscreen icon to guide users?
- See how to link or use Wikipedia, Facebook, Encyclopedia of World Problems (Il faudra voir comment articuler cette relation avec EHPHP. Voir en particulier Encycling Problematic Wickedness for Potential Humanity -- Imagining a future Encyclopedia of World Problems and Human Potential.), our Think Tanks…, Algonomy Handbook, Algosphere Alliance, various websites, Rebutr, DebateGraph, Canonizer, Argument Mapping, Deliberatorium, Compendium, etc. See how to harmonize between them G-doc (Centers -communities- of interest, or others), hyp.is, and Algopedia, etc. See how to link usefully to Centers of interest (community of the "Interested" - Algopedia being their ‘exhaustive’ documentation resource). Link by using categories? See http://wikiprogress.org/ and how to link to it. Connection with Algosphere’s centers of interests - for instance: see list on PFC, for participants see how to link usefully to Centers of interest (community of the "Interested", documentation 'exhaustive' resource…). See how to link to OPIS worldwide suffering database, and its visualizations.
- See how to use evaluative processes : star, note, highlight, etc…, and hyp.is … Introduce a system of ‘likes’ as on Facebook ?
- if needed: require email address at registration - see Help for doing this also, visitors might contribute but then pages are patrolled (look at Recent changes)... See Mediawiki Manual:User_rights
- see roles (and user permission level) like admin, steward, patrol-sysop, bureaucrat, developer, sysop, bot, user (and autoconfirmed), cf. badges
- Engager aide au besoin (10$ heure ?)
- translation (and/or multilinguism): see Extension: Content Translation; use subpages? be multilingual? Translation tools are available and they can be used at will. Copy the following address: https://algopedia.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page and paste it into Google translator (with possibility of improving a given translated text?)? have this in a header? or in the left margin? or rather put in How to Use... Also: tell user to set their browser for google translation of pages in other language than their own? Automatic translation: instructions in upper right corner of each page? how to do that? Use a template? Also, enter text in various languages that the wikimedia system can handle in the English installation of Algopedia? Main language of the wiki is English, but entries in other languages are welcome, inasmuch as they can be handled by the wiki program. if need be, tools will be used to make multilinguism more practicable. See also http://www.chronicle.com/blogs/profhacker/translate-open-access-resources-with-annotran/62909
- Éventuellement, serait-il possible de recenser dans Algopedia les occurrences de souffrance, et autres info sur leur allégement, comme il en est question dans https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vZ75XbRPM3sJ3JDKMo21S_y57CbFQGdDJljL8yVzaXY/edit ?
- Elaborate a Usage Policy ?
- questions légales et de sécurité : à mettre au point... utiliser au besoin des renvois vers des espaces web protégés, plus confidentiels… voir license : v. FAQ de Mediawiki pour LocalSettings.php où il y a des détails intéressants… et la nouvelle licence de CC dont on parle à Wikipedia
- use 'hazards' warning sign for certain contents (see Judge's article about that, with various signs being usable for various contents: Overpopulation Debate as a Psychosocial Hazard - development of safety guidelines from handling other hazardous materials)
- See what can be done with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Template
- Find useful features, perhaps, in example of wikis (see list of possibly relevant wikis in user Robert Daoust Algopedia Bookmark list) For instance, http://hpluspedia.org/index.php?title=Main_Page (uses of Categories, lists of…, translation with Google (and improve on a given translation)... editor is not user-friendly, but a plugin could help ? see Main page discussion, it has a plugin list.)
- Mobile view ?
- Develop a canvas for article pages, a template perhaps... title of article, link to the relevant doc(s) and sub-docs, categories mentioned, HYP notes, ... consider types of page: doc, person, organization, thing, suffering (class or specific identified occurrence), antalgic, algogenic, etc.
- Where to go for finding documents: bibliographies, media watch -- daily Google alerts or Google scholar alerts, special forums or Facebook groups, etc. (add to this list at will...) New DOCS come daily by the thousands, and more. Older DOCS exist also by millions. An exhaustive collection might be nice, but is it possible, and would it be really useful? In any case, the important is that interested people get what they need, and can treat DOCS as they need: our tools here are H, AP, CI, DG, etc. So, there are bibliographies of all kind that can be used, as well as the daily flow of new docs on the internet. Interested people, individually or in small groups, will have to do the algopedian or algospheric treatment, on various topics, as they go along across micro-meso-macro online items of information (in an ascending order of priority, as a general rule). We will see how good, or bad and useless, we can be.
List of suggested categories[edit source]
- Google alerts
- Matériel du genre qu’on trouve en Scoop-it
- News media
- Data on suffering (zillions of sufferings) (class or specific identified occurrence, antalgic, algogenic, etc.)
- Data on alleviation (global + special) and relating to the “administration of action” about suffering (in governments, NGOs, professions, etc.)
- Data on persons and organizations
- Data on various other things
Entries from other places like Wikipedia (ex. Suffering, and see the countless categories in Wikipedia) or EWPHP (ex. Crime) or list of domains...
Material from Facebook (posts, discussions)
Material from Felicia
Topic in need of a central place for discussion
- Cause prioritization (in effective altruism, for instance)
Stub article (in Algopedia)
- Official Platform
- Collaborative Platform
- Center of interest
- Discussion group
- Algonomy and Algonomy Handbook
List of items relative to knowledge management in general[edit source]
- Knowledge management includes: media monitoring systems, data organization, Data warehouse, collecting, reporting, mining, analysis, curating, ...
- how data is generated as a part of everyday digital practice and how it is curated, categorised, cleaned, accessed, analysed and acted upon. (http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/impactofsocialsciences/2014/07/03/philosophy-of-data-science-series-evelyn-ruppert/)
- Excerpts should be taken from the following pages:
- Information overload:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/information-overload: a situation in which you receive too much information at one time and cannot think about it in a clear way
http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/information-overload: the situation when someone has so much information that they are unable to deal with it